Union Springs, New York
The selectable images and pictures within this page illustrate data related to Union Springs, New York. Union Springs is a village in Cayuga County, New York, United States. The population was at 1,197 people at the 2010 census. The name is derived from the mineral springs near the village.
The village is south of the former Cayuga tribe village of Gwau-gwah (Cayuga Castle), which became a Jesuit Mission. The native village was a target of the Sullivan Expedition of 1779. After the war, a reservation was established for the Cayuga who returned, but they gave up their land rights before 1800.
Mineral springs near the village made the village an important health spa.
The village was incorporated in 1848.
For historic photos and maps go to:
The Peter Yawger House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. The Almeron Durkee House, Charles Howland-William H. Chase House, and William Richardson House were listed in 2005.
Street maps and imagesThe listed street maps and aerial photographs below can be selected for further inspection.
More information about Union Springs, New York
Union Springs is located at (42.843046, -76.692996).
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,074 people, 429 households, and 293 families residing in the village. The population density was 597.0 people per square mile (230.4/km²). There were 486 housing units at an average density of 270.1 per square mile (104.2/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 97.77% White, 1.21% African American, 0.19% Native American, 0.19% Asian, and 0.65% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.65% of the population.Want to read more? Wikipedia contains even more information about Union Springs, New York.