Trocadéro (Paris Métro)
The maps and pictures further below illustrate facts about Trocadéro (Paris Métro). Trocadéro is a station on lines 6 and 9 of the Paris Métro in the 16th arrondissement and named after the Place du Trocadéro.
The station opened on 2 October 1900 as a branch of line 1 from Étoile to Trocadéro. On 5 November 1903 this line was extended to Passy and the line from Étoile to Trocadéro and Passy became known as line 2 South as part of a planned ring line around central Paris to be built under or over the boulevards built in place of the demolished Wall of the Farmers-General; this circle is now operated as two lines: 2 and 6. On 14 October 1907 the line from Étoile to Trocadéro, Place d'Italie and Gare du Nord became part of line 5. On 6 October 1942 the section of line 5 from Étoile to Trocadéro and Place d'Italie was transferred to line 6. The Line 9 platforms opened on 8 November 1922 as part of the first section of the line from Trocadéro to Exelmans.
The Place de Trocadéro owes its name to the fortified position in Puerto Real, on the Bay of Cadiz in the south of Spain, which was captured in the Battle of Trocadero by French troops led by Louis-Antoine, Duke of Angoulême, Charles X's son in 1823. This name was also given to the "Moorish" palace built for the World Fair of 1878. The palace was demolished in 1937 and was replaced by the current Palace of Chaillot.
Maps and imagesThe maps and pictures below can be clicked for further inspection.
More information about Trocadéro (Paris Métro)
Weather forecast (France)Current weather conditions are reported as with temperature of degrees centigrade and wind speed over ground of km/h.
Places of interest
- the Musée national de la Marine (maritime museum);
- the Musée national des Monuments Français (museum of monuments); and
- the Théâtre national de Chaillot.
- the Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine (architecture museum)