The selectable maps and pictures on this page present information about St. Paris, Ohio. St. Paris is a village in Champaign County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,089 at the 2010 census.
The area where St. Paris now stands was originally inhabited by Native Americans. The first European settlers arrived in 1797 and the village was founded in 1831 by David Huffman, who originally named it New Paris. Upon learning that another town in Ohio already had that name, he changed the name to St. Paris.
One of the houses in the village, known as the "Monitor House", has been declared a historic site and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The single maps and aerial photographs on this page can be selected for further inspection.
More information about St. Paris, Ohio
St. Paris is located at (40.128173, -83.959863).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of, all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,089 people, 795 households, and 549 families residing in the village. The population density was . There were 857 housing units at an average density of . The racial makeup of the village was 97.8% White, 0.2% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 0.1% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.5% of the population.
There were 795 households of which 39.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.8% were married couples living together, 13.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.4% had a male householder with no wife present, and 30.9% were non-families. 27.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.16.
The median age in the village was 33.7 years. 31.2% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 26.6% were from 25 to 44; 22.7% were from 45 to 64; and 12.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 47.8% male and 52.2% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,998 people, 781 households, and 556 families residing in the village. The population density was 2,302.5 people per square mile (886.7/km²). There were 809 housing units at an average density of 932.3 per square mile (359.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.55% White, 0.10% African American, 0.60% Native American, 0.15% from other races, and 0.60% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.65% of the population.
Want to read more? Wikipedia offers even more information about St. Paris, Ohio
Close places of interest
Graham High School (St. Paris, Ohio) (4.4 km) Graham High School is a public high school in St. Paris, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Graham Local School District. There are currently 626 students attending the high school. Attendance rate last year was 93% compared to the state average of 94%. Graduation rate was 90% compared to the state average of 86%. History Graham High School was constructed in 1957, the same year that Graham Local School District was formed. There have been several major renovations to the school, including the addition of a science wing, updated offices, and a new football stadium.
Millerstown, Ohio (4.6 km)Millerstown is an unincorporated community in eastern Johnson Township, Champaign County, Ohio, United States. It lies at the intersection of Heck Hill, Ward, and Zimmerman Roads, north of U.S. Route 36. Nettle Creek, a tributary of the Mad River, flows past Millerstown. It is located approximately 4 miles (6½ km) northeast of the village of St. Paris and west-northwest of the city of Urbana, the county seat of Champaign County.
Conover, Ohio (7.4 km)Conover is an unincorporated community in eastern Brown Township, Miami County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 45317. The community is part of the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area. A.B. Graham, founder of the 4-H movement, was born in Lena, a similarly unincorporated community located a half mile adjacent to the east near the Miami/Champaign county line. The A.B. Graham Memorial Center,located at the former Miami East Junior High School is located along U.S. Route 36.
Thackery, Ohio (8.8 km)Thackery is an unincorporated community in southeastern Jackson and southwestern Mad River Townships in Champaign County, Ohio, United States. It lies along State Route 55, southwest of the city of Urbana, the county seat of Champaign County.
Christiansburg, Ohio (9.77 km) Christiansburg is a village in Champaign County, Ohio, United States. The population was 526 at the 2010 census. History An early settler to Jackson Township was Joshua Howell, the founder of Christiansburg, who came from around Christiansburg, Virginia in 1808, with his wife Mary and eight children; Joshua, John, Thomas, James, Daniel, Jermiah, Abigail, and Nancy. He located on Section 31, which is within the corporate limits of Christiansburg. He and his sons built a crude log cabin, near a large spring of water. A tract of land was cleared for food for the family.
Other mentions of St. Paris, Ohio
Do you like this? There may be more content available. You can search the whole database for more information about St. Paris, Ohio