Porte de Champerret (Paris Métro)

The images and aerial photographs further below illustrate material about Porte de Champerret (Paris Métro). Porte de Champerret is a station on Paris Métro Line 3.

The station is named after the Porte de Champerret, a gate in the nineteenth century Thiers Wall of Paris on the way to the hamlet of Champerret, which was merged with the commune of Levallois-Perret in 1867. The station was opened on 15 February 1911, when the line was extended from Pereire and was the western terminus of the line until its extension to Pont de Levallois – Bécon on 24 September 1937.

Station layout

Maps and images

The listed maps and pictures on this page can be clicked for further inspection.
 

More information about Porte de Champerret (Paris Métro)

Weather forecast (France)

Current weather conditions are described as with local temperature about degrees centigrade and a wind speed of km/h. Wikipedia contains more information about Porte de Champerret (Paris Métro).

Close places of interest

Pereire – Levallois (Paris RER) (0.32 km)

Lines serving this station Adjacent Station Pereire on Paris Métro Line 3. There are shuttle buses connecting Pont Cardinet on SNCF rail station.

Pereire (Paris Métro) (0.44 km)

Pereire (Maréchal Juin) is a station on Paris Métro Line 3. History Pereire was opened on 23 May 1910 when the line was extended from Villiers. The station is named after the Boulevard Pereire and the Place du Maréchal Juin. The Péreire brothers, Émile Péreire (1800–1875) and his brother Isaac (1806–1880), created the Crédit Immobilier bank in 1852. They established railroad companies in France and in Europe. Émile Péreire was the first director of the Compagnie du Chemin de fer de Paris à Saint-Germain, which opened the first railway in Paris in 1837.

Louise Michel (Paris Métro) (0.55 km)

Louise Michel is a station on Paris Métro Line 3. It is located in the commune of Levallois-Perret, northwest of the capital. History Louise Michel was opened on 24 September 1937 when the line was extended from Porte de Champerret to Pont de Levallois – Bécon. It was originally called Vallier, after a mountain (2839m) in the Pyrenees near the Val d'Aran. It was renamed on 1 May 1946 to Louise Michel, in honour of the French anarchist and communarde.

Vélodrome Buffalo and Stade Buffalo (0.75 km)

The Vélodrome Buffalo and Stade Buffalo were cycling tracks in Paris. The first existed from 1893 until World War I, the second from 1922 until 1957. The name derives from the showman Buffalo Bill Cody, whose circus played on the grounds of the first velodrome. The first velodrome The Vélodrome Buffalo was not far from the Porte Maillot in Paris, at Neuilly-sur-Seine. It opened in 1893. The writer Tristan Bernard was director of the track in 1895. He is supposed to have introduced the practice of ringing a bell to announce the last lap of a race.

Avenue des Ternes (0.76 km)

Avenue des Ternes is an avenue in the 17th arrondissement of Paris, between place des Ternes and boulevard Gouvion-Saint-Cyr. It is 0.92 km long and 35m wide and was given its present name in 1863. It is on both sides of place Tristan-Bernard.

Other mentions of Porte de Champerret (Paris Métro)

Do you want to read more? There may be more material available. You can search the entire library for more material about Porte de Champerret (Paris Métro).

Sources

Text based information has been extracted from thousands of Wikipedia entries. Weather data is provided by OpenWeatherMap. Location distances have been calculated based on Wikipedia information. Thanks to Google Maps, Bing Maps and OSM (Open Street Map) for map related material.

More options