Place Monge (Paris Métro)
The selectable maps and pictures within this page illustrate information about Place Monge (Paris Métro). Place Monge is a station of the Paris Métro, opened on 15 February 1930 as part of a planned section of line Line 7, which was temporarily operated as part of Line 10 until the completion of the under-Seine crossing of line 7 from Pont de Sully to Place Monge. The station was integrated into line 7 on 26 April 1931. It is named after the street of Place Monge, named after Gaspard Monge (1746–1818), a French mathematician and inventor of descriptive geometry.
The station is located under Place Monge, in the 5th arrondissement, in the eastern part of the Latin Quarter. Nearby are the Jardin des Plantes (botanical garden), the Roman remains of the Arènes de Lutèce and the Rue Mouffetard, a street with restaurants and a lively street market.