Place de Clichy (Paris Métro)
The images and aerial photographs further below show facts related to Place de Clichy (Paris Métro). Place de Clichy is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Paris Metro Line 2 and Line 13 at the junction of the 8th and 17th arrondissement of Paris.
The station was opened on 7 October 1902 as part of the extension of line 2 from Étoile to Anvers. The Place was named after the Barrière de Clichy, a gate built on the road to the village of Clichy for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the 19th century.
The line 13 platforms opened on 26 February 1911 as part of the Nord-Sud Company's line B from Saint-Lazare to Porte de Saint-Ouen. On 27 March 1931 line B became line 13 of the Métro. In 1994, these platforms were restored with heritage green bordered tiled names on the platforms.