Pelleport (Paris Métro)

The selectable images and pictures on this page illustrate material about Pelleport (Paris Métro). Pelleport is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Line 3bis. It was opened on 27 November 1921 when Line 3 was extended from Gambetta to Porte des Lilas. On 27 March 1971 it was transferred to Line 3bis on its establishment.

It is named after the 19th-century military leader Pierre de Pelleport.

Station layout

Street maps and images

The listed street maps and images below can be clicked for further inspection.
 

More information about Pelleport (Paris Métro)

Weather trend (France)

Today's weather conditions can be expected as with a local temperature of °C and a wind speed over ground of km/h. Want to read more? Wikipedia contains more information about Pelleport (Paris Métro).

Close places of interest

Saint-Fargeau (Paris Métro) (0.43 km)

Saint-Fargeau is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Line 3bis. It was opened on 27 November 1921 when Line 3 was extended from Gambetta to Porte des Lilas. On 27 March 1971 it was transferred to Line 3bis on its establishment. It is on the Rue Saint-Fargeau, named after the statesman Lepeletier de Saint-Fargeau, active in the French Revolution and assassinated in 1793, supposedly for voting for the execution of Louis XVI.

20th arrondissement of Paris (0.45 km)

The 20th arrondissement (also known as "arrondissement de Ménilmontant"), located on the Right Bank, is one of the 20 arrondissements of Paris, France. It contains the cosmopolitan districts of Ménilmontant and Belleville which have welcomed many successive waves of immigration since the middle of the 19th century. Despite this, the arrondissement elected and was represented by the anti-immigration Front National politician Jean-Marie Le Pen, as a municipal councilor from 1983 to 1989. Today, Belleville contains the second largest Chinatown in Paris.

Gambetta (Paris Métro) (0.48 km)

Gambetta is a station of the Paris Métro. It serves Line 3 and is the southern terminus of Line 3bis. It was opened on 25 January 1905 when the line was extended from Père Lachaise and was the eastern terminus of the line until 27 November 1921, when the line was extended to Porte des Lilas. In 1969, the former Martin Nadaud station—which was only 232 metres west of Gambetta—was combined with Gambetta by linking Martin Nadaud's closed platforms with Gambetta by tunnel. On 23 March 1971 the line to Porte des Lilas was separated from line 3 and became Line 3bis.

Porte de Bagnolet (Paris Métro) (0.61 km)

Porte de Bagnolet is a station on Paris Métro Line 3. It was opened on 2 April 1971 when the line was extended from Gambetta to Gallieni. It is named after the Porte de Bagnolet, a gate in the nineteenth century Thiers Wall of Paris on the way to the commune of Bagnolet, probably named after some Roman baths located there. An interchange with Paris tramway Line 3b opened on 15 December 2012.

Télégraphe (Paris Métro) (0.79 km)

Télégraphe is a station on line 11 of the Paris Métro in the 19th and 20th arrondissements. The station's tracks are separated by a supporting wall, because it is built in soft ground. The station opened as part of the original section of the line from Châtelet to Porte des Lilas on 28 April 1935. It is named after the Rue de Télégraphe, which was once a chemin de ronde (a raised protected walkway behind a battlement) of the park of the Château de Ménilmontant. Its name comes from the optical telegraph invented by Claude Chappe (1763–1805) in 1792.

Other mentions of Pelleport (Paris Métro)

Do you like this? There may be more material available. You can search the entire database for more material about Pelleport (Paris Métro).

Sources

Text based information has been extracted from various Wikipedia entries. Weather information is provided by OpenWeatherMap. Location distances have been calculated based on Wikipedia information. Thanks to Google, BING and OSM (Open Street Map) for map related material.

More options