The clickable images and aerial photographs further below illustrate facts related to Parish (village), New York. Parish is a village located in the town of Parish, in Oswego County, New York, United States. The population was 450 as of the census of 2010.
The Pleasant Lawn Cemetery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.
Street maps and aerial photographs
The following street maps and aerial photographs below can be clicked for further inspection.
More information about Parish (village), New York
Parish is located at (43.40558, -76.12608).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.5 square miles (4.0 km²).
As of the census of 2000, there were 512 people, 191 households, and 132 families. The population density was 332.8 people per square mile (128.4/km²). There were 212 housing units at an average density of 137.8 per square mile (53.2/km²).
There were 191 households out of which 39.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.5% were married couples living together, 11.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.4% were non-families. 24.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.26.
In the village the population was spread out with 31.1% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 29.7% from 25 to 44, 18.6% from 45 to 64, and 12.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 96.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.1 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $35,903, and the median income for a family was $40,893. Males had a median income of $31,771 versus $21,250 for females. The per capita income for the village was $14,902. About 80.5% of families and 60.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 0.0% of those under age 18 and 20.5% of those age 65 or over.
Parish is also home to Bass Lake Resort.
That's not all: Wikipedia has more information about Parish (village), New York
Close places of interest
Mexico (village), New York (10.94 km) Mexico is a village in Oswego County, New York, USA. The population was 1,624 at the 2010 census. The Village of Mexico is located in the Town of Mexico at New York State Routes 3, 69, and 104. Mexico is called "Mother of Towns". Taking into consideration the territories of 1792 and 1796 towns were formed in six counties; Thus 84 daughters can claim Mexico as their mother. History Mexico, with all the surrounding towns, was originally created from Whitestown, Herkimer County, on April 10, 1792 by the State Land Commissioner. The original organization of Mexico was abandoned for a time.
Area code 315 (11.01 km) Area code 315 is a telephone area code in upstate New York. It stretches from the eastern border of Monroe County to Little Falls, north to the Canadian border, east to Massena and south to near Cortland. One of the original area codes created in 1947, it has only been split once. In 1954, its southern portion was combined with the eastern portion of area code 716 to form area code 607. New York State regulators announced that 315 had been projected to become "exhausted" in the third quarter of 2010.
Hastings, New York (11.31 km) For other uses, see Hastings (disambiguation). Hastings is a town in Oswego County, New York, United States. The population was 9,450 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Hastings Curtiss, a prominent citizen and member of the State Assembly in 1824. The Town of Hastings is on the south border of the county. US Route 11 and Interstate 81 pass through the town. History Hastings was the first town settled in Oswego County when Oliver Stevens built a rude house near the abandoned Fort Brewerton in 1789.
WSPX-TV (12.78 km) WSPX-TV, Ion Television in Syracuse, New York, is owned by ION Media Networks. WSPX broadcasts on digital channel 15. The channel 15 frequency is short-spaced to Belleville, Ontario's CBLFT and was approved on the condition that effective radiated power of the US station not exceed 100kW.
Palermo, New York (12.84 km) Palermo is a town in Oswego County in the US state of New York. The population was 3,664 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Palermo in Sicily. The Town of Palermo is centrally located in the county, east of Fulton, New York. History The first permanent settler had arrived around 1803. The Town of Palermo was created in 1832 from the Town of Volney. Geography According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of, of which, of it is land and of it (0.37%) is water.
Other mentions of Parish (village), New York
Do you find this interesting? There may be more information available. You can search the entire index for more material about Parish (village), New York