Latitude: 48.2064

Longitude: 16.3572

Region: --

Palace of Justice (Vienna)

The clickable maps and aerial photographs below present information related to Palace of Justice (Vienna). The Palace of Justice (German: Justizpalast) is a building located in the Austrian capital, Vienna. It is located in Schmerlingplatz, a square of the central district of Innere Stadt.

History

It was projected by Alexander Wielemans von Monteforte and built, from 1875 to 1881, in a neo-renaissance style. The building was set on fire in 1927 after violent demonstrations following the collapse of Creditanstalt, the largest bank in Austria.

Street maps and aerial photographs

The following maps and pictures on this page can be selected for further inspection.
 

More information about Palace of Justice (Vienna)

That's not all: Wikipedia has more information about Palace of Justice (Vienna).

Close places of interest

Volkstheater, Vienna (0.13 km)

The Volkstheater in Vienna (roughly translated as "People's Theatre") was founded in 1889 by request of the citizens of Vienna, amongst them the dramatist Ludwig Anzengruber and the furniture manufacturer Thonet, in order to offer a popular counter weight to the Hofburgtheater. It was erected according to designs by Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer, who attempted to reconcile their plans with historicism. It is located in Neubau, the seventh district of Vienna.

Palais Epstein (0.14 km)

Palais Epstein is a Ringstraßenpalais in Vienna, Austria. It was built for the industrialist and banker Gustav Ritter von Epstein. The architect was Theophil Freiherr von Hansen, who also designed the adjacent Austrian Parliament Building. Unlike traditional Baroque noble palaces in Vienna, the Palais Epstein was built in the late 19th century and is therefore considered a Ringstraßenpalais. It is up to five storeys high and built in the neo-renaissance style typical of its time. Following the Gründerkrach (i.e.

Palais Trautson (0.16 km)

Palais Trautson is a Baroque palace in Vienna, Austria. It was owned by the noble Trautson family. It was built in 1712.

Austrian Parliament Building (0.2 km)

The Austrian Parliament Building (formerly the Reichsratsgebäude) in Vienna is where the two houses of the Parliament of Austria conduct their sessions. The building is located on the Ringstraße boulevard in the first district Innere Stadt, near the Hofburg Palace and the Palace of Justice. The foundation stone was laid in 1874; the building was completed in 1883. The architect responsible for its Greek revival style was Theophil Edvard Hansen.

Naturhistorisches Museum (0.21 km)

The Naturhistorisches Museum Wien (English: Museum of Natural History of Vienna) or NHMW is a large museum located in Vienna, Austria. The collections displayed cover, and the museum has a website providing an overview as a video virtual tour. The Museum of Natural History in Vienna is one of the important museums of the world, and the earliest collections of artifacts were begun over 250 years ago. As of 2011, the museum houses approximately 30 million objects and the number is growing.

Other mentions of Palace of Justice (Vienna)

Do you find this interesting? There may be more information available. You can search the entire index for more information about Palace of Justice (Vienna).

Sources

Text based information has been extracted from various Wikipedia articles. Weather data is provided by OpenWeatherMap. Location distances have been calculated based on Wikipedia information. Thanks to Google Maps, BING and OSM (Open Street Map) for map related material.

More options