Louvre – Rivoli (Paris Métro)
The station was opened on 13 August 1900, almost a month after trains began running on the original section of line 1 between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900, under the name Louvre. It was given its current name in 1989, soon after the opening of the new entrance to the Louvre Museum at the simultaneously renamed Palais Royal – Musée du Louvre station.
In 1968, the platforms in this station were decorated with replicas of ancient art from the Louvre Museum. It was the first metro station to become culturally decorated.