Les Halles (Paris Métro)
The clickable maps and pictures further below illustrate information related to Les Halles (Paris Métro). Les Halles is a station on line 4 of the Paris Métro in the 1st arrondissement. It takes its name from the market halls which were on the site for many years.
The original station on 21 April 1908 as part of the first section of the line from Châtelet to Porte de Clignancourt to serve Les Halles (the old markets). The station was rebuilt in 1977 about ten metres further east to interchange with the new Châtelet - Les Halles RER station. This RER station is connected by underground corridors to the Métro station Châtelet, and Les Halles is therefore also connected with Châtelet. The Métro Line 4 is the only line that serves Les Halles, and in addition it also serves the Châtelet station.