Le Peletier (Paris Métro)
The clickable maps and aerial photographs below present information related to Le Peletier (Paris Métro). Le Peletier is a station of the Paris Métro. It is named after Rue le Peletier, which was named after Louis Peletier, who was the last prévôt des marchands (provost of merchants) between 1784 to 1789. This feudal position was abolished in the French Revolution.
The Opéra National de Paris was located in the Salle Peletier, in Rue le Peletier, between 1821 and 1873, when it was destroyed by fire. It was the first theatre to use gas lighting to illuminate the stage.
It is located a short walk from Notre-Dame-de-Lorette station on line 12, but no free transfer is permitted.