Kurt-Schumacher-Platz (Berlin U-Bahn)
The selectable maps and pictures within this page present information about Kurt-Schumacher-Platz (Berlin U-Bahn). Kurt-Schumacher-Platz is a station on the line of the Berlin U-Bahn. There is a bus link outside the station connecting Berlin's Tegel International Airport to the U-Bahn network. The station was opened on 3 May 1956 and named after famous German politician Kurt Schumacher.
The station was built by B. Grimmek, and has yellow tiles on the wall. The U6 extension between Seestrasse (Berlin U-Bahn) and Kurt-Schumacher-Platz was the first new subway line built after World War II in Berlin. After this station, the U6 trains travel above ground towards Alt-Tegel (except that Borsigwerke and Alt-Tegel stations are underground).