Gare de l'Est (Paris Métro)

The selectable maps and pictures within this page show information related to Gare de l'Est (Paris Métro). Gare de l'Est (Verdun) is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Lines 4, 5, and 7. It is the fifth busiest station on the network.

The station was opened on 15 November 1907 as part of the extension of line 5 from Lancry (now Jacques Bonsergent) to Gare du Nord. The line 4 platforms were opened on 21 April 1908 as part of the first section of the line from Châtelet to Porte de Clignancourt. The line 7 platforms were opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the first section of the line from Opéra to Porte de la Villette.

It is connected to the mainline Gare de l'Est railway station, literally station of the east. The name Verdun refers to the Avenue de Verdun, in memory of World War I's Battle of Verdun to which French soldiers were sent from the railway station. In 2004 it was the fifth-busiest station complex, with 15.66 million passengers entering. Lines 5 and 7 are parallel, running as four tracks with an island platform with two side platforms. Line 4 runs under 5 and 7 perpendicularly.

Station layout

Street maps and aerial photographs

The single maps and aerial photographs can be selected for further inspection.
 

More information about Gare de l'Est (Paris Métro)

Weather forecast (France)

Today's conditions of the weather are reported as with a temperature about °C and wind speed of km/h. Want to read more? Wikipedia offers even more information about Gare de l'Est (Paris Métro).

Close places of interest

10th arrondissement of Paris (0.08 km)

The 10th arrondissement of Paris is one of the 20 arrondissements (administrative districts) of the capital city of France. Situated on the right bank of the River Seine, the arrondissement contains two of Paris's six main railway stations: the Gare du Nord and the Gare de l'Est. Built during the 19th century, these two termini are among the busiest in Europe. The 10th arrondissement also contains a large portion of the Canal Saint-Martin, linking the northeastern parts of Paris with the River Seine. Geography The land area of the arrondissement is 2.892 km2 (1.117 sq.

Gare de Paris-Est (0.11 km)

(or Gare de l'Est, "East station" in English) is one of the six large SNCF termini in Paris. It is in the 10th arrondissement, not far from the Gare du Nord, facing the Boulevard de Strasbourg, part of the north-south axis of Paris created by Baron Haussmann. It is one of the largest and the oldest railway stations in Paris, the western terminus of the Paris–Strasbourg railway and the Paris–Mulhouse railway. History The Gare de l'Est was opened in 1849 by the Compagnie du Chemin de Fer de Paris à Strasbourg (the Paris-Strasbourg Railway Company) under the name "Strasbourg platform.

Boulevard de Magenta (0.14 km)

The boulevard de Magenta is located in the Ninth and Tenth arrondissements of Paris, France. It begins at place de la République and 1, rue Beaurepaire, and ends at 1, boulevard de Rochechouart and 53, boulevard de la Chapelle. Etymology It is named after the battle of Magenta, a battle fought on 4 June 1859 near Magenta in Italy. It was a victory by the Piedmontais of the kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia and by the French armée d'Italie under general Mac-Mahon and Napoléon III over the Austrians under Guylay.

Saint-Laurent, Paris (0.14 km)

The Church of Saint-Laurent is a church in the 10th arrondissement of Paris (119, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Martin, 68, boulevard de Strasbourg or 68, boulevard de Magenta). It is built on Paris's north-south axis, linking Senlis and Orléans, as laid out by the Romans in the course of the mid 1st century BC, now marked by the rue du Faubourg-Saint-Martin, rue Saint-Martin, rue Saint-Jacques and rue du Faubourg-Saint-Jacques).

Prison Saint-Lazare (0.29 km)

The Prison Saint-Lazare was a prison in the Xe arrondissement of Paris, France. History Originally a leprosarium founded on the road from Paris to Saint-Denis at the boundary of the marshy area of the former River Seine bank in the 12th century. It was ceded on 7 January 1632 to St. Vincent de Paul and the Congregation of the Mission he had founded. At this stage it became a place of detention for people who had become an embarrassment to their families: an enclosure for "black sheep" who had brought disgrace to their relatives.

Other mentions of Gare de l'Est (Paris Métro)

Do you like this? There may be more content available. You can search the whole index for more content about Gare de l'Est (Paris Métro).

Sources

Text based information has been extracted from various Wikipedia articles. Weather data is provided by OpenWeatherMap. Location distances have been calculated based on Wikipedia information. Thanks to the services of Google, BING and OSM (Open Street Map) for map related material.

More options