Gambetta (Paris Métro)

The clickable maps and aerial photographs within this page show material related to Gambetta (Paris Métro). Gambetta is a station of the Paris Métro. It serves Line 3 and is the southern terminus of Line 3bis. It was opened on 25 January 1905 when the line was extended from Père Lachaise and was the eastern terminus of the line until 27 November 1921, when the line was extended to Porte des Lilas. In 1969, the former Martin Nadaud station—which was only 232 metres west of Gambetta—was combined with Gambetta by linking Martin Nadaud's closed platforms with Gambetta by tunnel. On 23 March 1971 the line to Porte des Lilas was separated from line 3 and became Line 3bis. The beginning of the old tunnel to Porte des Lilas now connects the platforms of lines 3 and 3bis. On 2 April 1971 line 3 was extended to Gallieni.

The station is in the Avenue Gambetta, which is named after the statesman Léon Gambetta (1838–82), Prime Minister for 66 days in 1881 and 1882.

Station layout

Street maps

The single maps and images can be selected for further inspection.

More information about Gambetta (Paris Métro)

Forecast (France)

Today's conditions are described as with a temperature about °C and wind speed of km/h. That's not all: Wikipedia offers more information about Gambetta (Paris Métro).

Close places of interest

20th arrondissement of Paris (0.05 km)

The 20th arrondissement (also known as "arrondissement de Ménilmontant"), located on the Right Bank, is one of the 20 arrondissements of Paris, France. It contains the cosmopolitan districts of Ménilmontant and Belleville which have welcomed many successive waves of immigration since the middle of the 19th century. Despite this, the arrondissement elected and was represented by the anti-immigration Front National politician Jean-Marie Le Pen, as a municipal councilor from 1983 to 1989. Today, Belleville contains the second largest Chinatown in Paris.

Pelleport (Paris Métro) (0.48 km)

Pelleport is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Line 3bis. It was opened on 27 November 1921 when Line 3 was extended from Gambetta to Porte des Lilas. On 27 March 1971 it was transferred to Line 3bis on its establishment. It is named after the 19th-century military leader Pierre de Pelleport.

Communards' Wall (0.59 km)

The Communards’ Wall at the Père Lachaise cemetery is where, on May 28, 1871, one-hundred forty-seven fédérés, combatants of the Paris Commune, were shot and thrown in an open trench at the foot of the wall. To the French left, especially socialists and communists, the wall became the symbol of the people's struggle for their liberty and ideals. Many leaders of the French Communist Party, especially those involved in the French resistance, are buried nearby.

Porte de Bagnolet (Paris Métro) (0.65 km)

Porte de Bagnolet is a station on Paris Métro Line 3. It was opened on 2 April 1971 when the line was extended from Gambetta to Gallieni. It is named after the Porte de Bagnolet, a gate in the nineteenth century Thiers Wall of Paris on the way to the commune of Bagnolet, probably named after some Roman baths located there. An interchange with Paris tramway Line 3b opened on 15 December 2012.

Charonne quarter (0.67 km)

The Charonne quarter is an area of the 20th arrondissement of Paris named after a former municipality in the area, which was merged into the city of Paris in 1860 by Napoleon III. The historic centre of Charonne is located around the junction of Rue de Bagnolet and Rue Saint-Blaise, in the vicinity of the parish church of Saint-Germain-de-Charonne.

Other mentions of Gambetta (Paris Métro)

Do you find this interesting? There may be more content available. You can search the entire index for more content about Gambetta (Paris Métro).


Text based information has been extracted from various Wikipedia articles. Weather data is provided by OpenWeatherMap. Location distances have been calculated based on Wikipedia information. Thanks to the services of Google, BING and OSM (Open Street Map) for map related material.

More options