The clickable maps and pictures below show material about Fishbourne railway station. Fishbourne railway station is a railway station serving the village of Fishbourne. The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LB&SCR) opened the station at Fishbourne on 1 April 1906. Just east of this station at Fishbourne Crossing the single track veered off for the branch line between Chichester and Midhurst. It is located on the West Coastway Line that runs between Brighton and Southampton. The station is roughly half a mile walk from Fishbourne Roman Palace.
Typical off-peak service consists of one train per hour to Littlehampton and one train per hour to Portsmouth and Southsea. Peak services include well-used direct trains to London Victoria.
The following maps and pictures below can be selected for further inspection.
More information about Fishbourne railway station
Today's conditions are described as with a temperature of °C
and wind speed over ground of km/h. That's not all: Wikipedia offers even more information about Fishbourne railway station
Close places of interest
River Lavant, West Sussex (1.37 km)The River Lavant is a winterbourne that rises at East Dean and flows west to Singleton, then south past West Dean and Lavant to Chichester. From east of Chichester its natural course was south to the sea at Pagham, but the Romans diverted it to flow around the southern walls of Chichester and then west into Chichester Harbour. In January 1994 heavy rainfall caused the River Lavant to burst its banks, causing extensive flooding in Chichester and surrounding villages and forcing the closure of the A27 and A259 roads.
Chichester West (electoral division) (1.43 km)Chichester West is an electoral division of West Sussex in the United Kingdom, and returns one member to sit on West Sussex County Council. The current County Councillor, Louise Goldsmith, is also Cabinet Member for Finance & Resources. Extent The division covers the western part of the town of Chichester; and the villages of Bosham, East Ashling, Fishbourne, Funtington, West Ashling and West Stoke.
Chichester College (1.88 km)Chichester College is a college of further education in Chichester, West Sussex. It has a second, campus at Brinsbury, near Pulborough and small centres in Bognor Regis, Littlehampton and Worthing. It is a member of the 157 Group which represents the largest colleges in England. Chichester College has over 15,000 students, of whom over 5,000 are full time (about 4,000 are between 16 and 18 years old; 1,000 are over 19 and several hundred are taking university level courses).
Sennicotts (1.98 km)Sennicotts is a small estate near Chichester, West Sussex, England, formed in 1809 by Charles Baker (1761–1839) having retired after serving in Madras, with the British East India Company. In the following years, he built the house (1810), the lodge (1815) and the chapel (1829). Charles Baker was the son of a Chichester surgeon, and claimed descent from the Bakers of Mayfield, the great Sussex Ironmasters.
Chichester Theological College (2.1 km)Chichester Theological College (1838-1994) was an Anglican theological college for the Diocese of Chichester in Sussex, England. History It was founded by William Otter in July 1838, the first such Diocesan college in England. Charles Marriott of Oriel College, Oxford was its first principal and the first donation, of £50, for the college was from W. E. Gladstone. From 1886, during Josiah Sanders Teulon's time as principal, the college experienced a gradual decline in students. This was exacerbated in 1899, when he resigned, but retained his income as a resident canon.