The selectable images and aerial photographs on this page present data related to East Randolph, New York. East Randolph is a hamlet, census-designated place, and former village in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The population was 620 at the 2010 census.
The former Village of East Randolph is adjacent to the northeast part of the former Village of Randolph and is mostly within the Town of Randolph, with a small part inside the Town of Conewango.
The first business opened in 1826, and a post office was opened in 1850.
The Village of East Randolph was incorporated in 1881. On March 16, 2010, referenda were held in both the village of Randolph and East Randolph to dissolve each entity into a hamlet within the town of Randolph (with the northernmost portion of East Randolph being absorbed by the town of Conewango. Both referenda passed; as such, the village of East Randolph ceased to exist after December 31, 2011. At the time of the village's dissolution, the mayor was current Cattaraugus County legislator Howard Van Rensselaer.
The single street maps and images on this page can be clicked for further inspection.
More information about East Randolph, New York
East Randolph is located at (42.171684, -78.948701).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of, all of it land.
The hamlet is located on NY Route 394. NY Route 242 and County Road 7 enter the village from the east.
Elm Creek flows through the village. Stilson Pond is a small body of water east of the village.
As of the census of 2000, there were 630 people, 198 households, and 154 families residing in the village. The population density was 577.8 people per square mile (223.2/km²). There were 213 housing units at an average density of 195.4 per square mile (75.4/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 92.86% White, 3.49% African American, 0.95% Native American, 0.95% Asian, 0.48% from other races, and 1.27% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.75% of the population.
There were 198 households out of which 34.8% had children under the age of 47 living with them, 59.1% are married living together, 12.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.2% were non-families. 20.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.66 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the village the population was spread out with 37.8% under the age of 18, 6.7% from 18 to 24, 22.9% from 25 to 44, 21.0% from 45 to 64, and 11.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females there were 105.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.9 males.
Want to read more? Wikipedia contains more information about East Randolph, New York
Close places of interest
Randolph (CDP), New York (3.12 km) Randolph is a hamlet, census-designated place and former village in Cattaraugus County, New York, USA. The population was 1,286 at the 2010 census. The former Village of Randolph is within the Town of Randolph. Randolph borders the former Village of East Randolph. History Randolph was the first location settled within the town, around 1820. The Village of Randolph was incorporated in 1867.
Conewango, New York (6.68 km) Conewango is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The population was 1,732 at the 2000 census. The town is named after a creek which flows through the town. The Town of Conewango is on the west border of the county and is northeast of Jamestown, New York. History The name is supposed to mean "walking slowly" in the native language, related to the slow-moving creek.The town was first settled around 1816. The Town of Conewango was established in 1823 from a part of the Town of Little Valley.
Napoli, New York (6.9 km) Napoli is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. It is located in the western half of the county, northwest of Salamanca. The only permanent community in the town is Napoli village, formerly "Napoli Corners." The population was 1,159 at the 2000 census. The town's name presumably comes from Naples, but is pronouncedwith a long "i" sound at the end (much like communities named Pulaski and Chili in other parts of the state). History The first permanent settler arrived around 1819. The Town of Napoli was formed in 1823 from part of the Town of Little Valley.
Coldspring, New York (7.62 km)Coldspring is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. It is located in the southwest part of the county, west of the City of Salamanca. History The first settler arrived around 1818. The Town of Coldspring was established in 1837 from a part of the Town of Napoli. In 1847 and 1848, part of the town was added to the Town of South Valley. In 1965, the former "Town of Elko" was dissolved, and its territory was absorbed by Coldspring. Elko had been formed in 1890 from part of the Town of South Valley and is now the south part of Coldspring.
Steamburg, New York (7.97 km)Steamburg is a hamlet in the town of Coldspring in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The community is located at the eastern terminus of New York State Route 394, at I-86 exit 17. Also converging on the hamlet is New York State Reference Route 950A (West Bank Perimeter Road, a.k.a. Onoville Road), which approaches from the south, and Cattaraugus County Route 10, which approaches from the north. Steamburg, much like a few other communities in the region, has no incorporated government and is not recognized by the U.S.
Other mentions of East Randolph, New York
Do you like this? There may be more material available. You can search the entire index for more material about East Randolph, New York