Dugommier (Paris Métro)
The images and pictures below show material about Dugommier (Paris Métro). Dugommier is a station of the Paris Métro on line 6 in the 12th arrondissement.
The station opened on 1 March 1909 with the opening of the original section of line 6 from Place d'Italie to Nation (although part of line 5—some dating back to 2 October 1900—was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942). It is named after the Rue Dugommier, which was named after Jacques François Dugommier (1738–1794), a general and member of the Convention, which governed France, 1792–1795. It was the location of the Barrière de Charenton, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished during the nineteenth century.