Danube (Paris Métro)
The station was opened as part of a branch of line 7 from Louis Blanc to Pré Saint-Gervais on 18 January 1911. The station is built in weak ground as it was formerly a mine, where gypsum was extracted from three layers for export to the United States. It is built with arches over each of the tracks to strengthen the station box, which are supported by 220 piers, 2.5 metres in diameter, with a cumulative height of 5,500 metres. On 3 December 1967 this branch was separated from line 7, becoming line 7bis.