Cour Saint-Émilion (Paris Métro)

The selectable images and aerial photographs on this page illustrate data related to Cour Saint-Émilion (Paris Métro). Cour Saint-Émilion is a station of the Paris Métro, located on the Line 14, which opened in 1998.

It is named after the French wine Saint-Émilion because it was built at the old railway station of Bercy where wine from south of France arrived in Paris.

The entrance of the station opens onto Bercy Village, which is a commercial area of Paris that replaced the old wine warehouses of Bercy. This is an area specialising in good food.

In the vicinity of the station, it's also possible to visit the Musée des Arts Forains ("The Fairground Art Museum").

Station layout

Street maps

The single street maps and images below can be clicked for further inspection.
 

More information about Cour Saint-Émilion (Paris Métro)

Want to read more? Wikipedia contains more information about Cour Saint-Émilion (Paris Métro).

Close places of interest

Parc de Bercy (0.13 km)

Parc de Bercy is a group of three connected gardens in the 12th arrondissement of Paris. With a combined area of some 14 hectares, it is one of the most important parks in the city. The park is serviced by Bercy and Cour Saint-Émilion Métro stations.

Bercy (0.31 km)

Bercy is a neighborhood in the 12th arrondissement of Paris. It is the city's 47th administrative neighborhood. History Some of the oldest vestiges of human occupation in Paris were found on the territory of Bercy, dating from the late Neolithic (between 4000 and 3800 BC). The name of Bercy, or Bercix, appeared for the first time in property deeds in the twelfth century. The area belonged for a time to the Montmorency family before passing to the Malons family, who had an old manor house expanded by Le Vau.

Pont de Tolbiac (0.4 km)

The pont de Tolbiac is a bridge across the Seine in Paris built between 1879 and 1882 by H.P. Bernard, and J.D.A. Pérouse. It crosses from the 12th to the 13th arrondissement, linking quai de Bercy to rue Neuve Tolbiac. Its nearest Paris Metro station is Cour Saint-Émilion. History The pont de Tolbiac was built in a wave of urbanisation of eastern Paris in the second half of the 19th century. The decision to build it was made in 1877 by a vote of the municipal council, in order to create an intermediate crossing in the long space between the existing Pont National and Pont de Bercy.

Le Batofar (0.51 km)

LV Osprey entered service as a Light Vessel for the Commissioners of Irish Lights in 1955. On 9 May 1975 she was sold to the New Ross Harbour Commissioners for use as a floating oil berth, pilot station and harbour store. On March 1998 she was sold again and moored on the Seine. Le Batofar ignited the "night club on boat" trend in Paris. This lighthouse boat (in French bateau-phare) offers an original setting on the bank of the Seine in the 13th arrondissement.

Paris Diderot University (0.61 km)

Paris Diderot University, also known as Université Paris Diderot - Paris 7, is a leading French University located in Paris, France. It is one of the heirs of the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Paris (together with Paris 6), which, founded in the mid-12th century, was one of the earliest universities established in Europe. It adopted its current name in 1994. The University is famous for its teaching in science, especially in mathematics.

Other mentions of Cour Saint-Émilion (Paris Métro)

Do you like this? There may be more material available. You can search the entire library for more material about Cour Saint-Émilion (Paris Métro).

Sources

Text based information has been extracted from various Wikipedia articles. Weather information is provided by OpenWeatherMap. Location distances have been calculated based on Wikipedia information. Thanks to Google, BING and OSM (Open Street Map) for map related material.

More options