The images and pictures on this page present material related to Coldspring, New York. Coldspring is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. It is located in the southwest part of the county, west of the City of Salamanca.
The first settler arrived around 1818. The Town of Coldspring was established in 1837 from a part of the Town of Napoli. In 1847 and 1848, part of the town was added to the Town of South Valley.
In 1965, the former "Town of Elko" was dissolved, and its territory was absorbed by Coldspring. Elko had been formed in 1890 from part of the Town of South Valley and is now the south part of Coldspring. Elko had first been settled by Quakers, acting as missionaries to the local natives in 1798. It currently has no permanent population, as virtually all of Elko's territory is now either under the Allegheny Reservoir or within the bounds of Allegany State Park.
Maps and images
The street maps and aerial photographs on this page can be selected for further inspection.
More information about Coldspring, New York
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of, of which, of it is land and of it (1.04%) is water.
The south town line is the boundary of Pennsylvania, and the Allegheny River divides the town with its reservoir.
New York State Route 394 and Interstate 86 pass through the town.
Adjacent towns and areas
To the north is the Town of Napoli. Coldspring shares its western border with the Towns of South Valley and Randolph. The east border is formed by the Towns of Salamanca and Red House. Corydon Township in McKean County, Pennsylvania is at the south town line.
As of the census of 2000, there were 751 people, 278 households, and 205 families residing in the town. The population density was 14.6 people per square mile (5.6/km²). There were 371 housing units at an average density of 7.2 per square mile (2.8/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 97.20% White, 0.27% African American, 1.60% Native American, and 0.93% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.40% of the population.
There were 278 households out of which 34.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.4% were married couples living together, 6.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.9% were non-families. 18.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.70 and the average family size was 3.08.
In the town the population was spread out with 27.0% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 26.1% from 25 to 44, 26.0% from 45 to 64, and 14.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 105.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.7 males.
Wikipedia contains even more information about Coldspring, New York
Close places of interest
Steamburg, New York (0.48 km)Steamburg is a hamlet in the town of Coldspring in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The community is located at the eastern terminus of New York State Route 394, at I-86 exit 17. Also converging on the hamlet is New York State Reference Route 950A (West Bank Perimeter Road, a.k.a. Onoville Road), which approaches from the south, and Cattaraugus County Route 10, which approaches from the north. Steamburg, much like a few other communities in the region, has no incorporated government and is not recognized by the U.S.
East Randolph, New York (7.62 km) East Randolph is a hamlet, census-designated place, and former village in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The population was 620 at the 2010 census. The former Village of East Randolph is adjacent to the northeast part of the former Village of Randolph and is mostly within the Town of Randolph, with a small part inside the Town of Conewango. History The first business opened in 1826, and a post office was opened in 1850. The Village of East Randolph was incorporated in 1881.
Randolph (CDP), New York (8.5 km) Randolph is a hamlet, census-designated place and former village in Cattaraugus County, New York, USA. The population was 1,286 at the 2010 census. The former Village of Randolph is within the Town of Randolph. Randolph borders the former Village of East Randolph. History Randolph was the first location settled within the town, around 1820. The Village of Randolph was incorporated in 1867.
Allegany Indian Reservation (9.24 km)Allegany Reservation (Uhì·yaʼ in Tuscarora) is an American Indian reservation in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. The majority of the population within the Reservation boundaries is Euro-Americans living on land rented from the Senaca. The population outside of the rented towns was 1,020 at the 2010 census. The reservation's Native American population is primarily members of the Seneca of the Iroquois, but a smaller number of Cayuga, another Iroquois tribe, also reside there.
Red House, New York (11.36 km) Red House is a town in Cattaraugus County, New York, United States. As of the 2010 census, the town population was 38, making it the least populous town in the state. The name comes from a small stream, Red House Creek. The Town of Red House is on the south edge of Cattaraugus County. Red House is south of the City of Salamanca. History The town was first settled by outsiders after 1827. The Town of Red House was formed in 1869 from part of the Town of Salamanca.
Other mentions of Coldspring, New York
Do you want to read more? There may be more material available. You can search the whole index for more content about Coldspring, New York