The images and pictures further below illustrate information related to Claverack-Red Mills, New York. Claverack-Red Mills is a census-designated place (CDP) in Columbia County, New York, United States. The population was 913 at the 2010 census.
The census region is in the western part of the Town of Claverack and derives its name from the two hamlets of Claverack and Red Mills.
This place has a number of historic buildings, including the Harriet Phillips Bungalow. From 1779 to 1902 the Claverack College operated in the village.
Claverack-Red Mills is located at (42.225214, -73.721449).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of, of which, of it is land and 0.34% is water.
Maps and aerial photographs
The street maps and images below can be selected for further inspection.
More information about Claverack-Red Mills, New York
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,061 people, 470 households, and 308 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 362.0 per square mile (139.8/km²). There were 510 housing units at an average density of 174.0/sq mi (67.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 97.74% White, 0.75% African American, 0.09% Native American, 0.38% from other races, and 1.04% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.94% of the population.
There were 470 households out of which 24.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.3% were married couples living together, 9.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.3% were non-families. 30.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.26 and the average family size was 2.79.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 18.9% under the age of 18, 4.9% from 18 to 24, 23.3% from 25 to 44, 29.5% from 45 to 64, and 23.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 47 years. For every 100 females there were 98.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $49,476, and the median income for a family was $60,677. Males had a median income of $41,591 versus $32,222 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $30,237. None of the families and 3.1% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 7.1% of those over 64.
Wikipedia has even more information about Claverack-Red Mills, New York
Close places of interest
Reformed Dutch Church of Claverack (1.04 km) The Reformed Dutch Church of Claverack is located on New York State Route 9H at the north end of the hamlet of Claverack, New York, United States. It is a brick church built in the mid-18th century and renovated and expanded twice in the 19th, reaching its present form in 1879. The congregation was founded in 1716. It is the oldest institutional building in Columbia County. In 2001 it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, along with several of its other buildings and cemetery.
Shaw Bridge (1.31 km) Shaw Bridge, also known as Double-Span Whipple Bowstring Truss Bridge, is a historic bridge in Claverack, New York, United States. It carried Van Wyck Lane over Claverack Creek, but is now closed to all traffic, even pedestrians. It is "a structure of outstanding importance to the history of American engineering and transportation technology." Specifically designed by John D. Hutchinson, the bridge employs the basic design of Squire Whipple. It is the only extant double-span Whipple bowstring truss bridge in the U.S. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Claverack, New York (2.29 km) Claverack is a town in Columbia County, New York, United States. The population was 6,021 at the 2010 census. The town name is a corruption for the Dutch word for "Clover Fields" or "Clover Reach". The Town of Claverack is centrally located in the county, east of the City of Hudson. History The town was formed in 1778 from the older "District of Claverack." In 1782, the town lost some of its land to the new Town of Hillsdale. The town was reduced again in 1785 to form the City of Hudson. In 1779 Washington Seminary was founded in the town by the local Dutch Reformed pastor.
WZCR (4.63 km) WZCR (93.5 FM, "Oldies 93.5") is an oldies radio station licensed to Hudson, New York, and serving Columbia and Greene counties as well as the upper Hudson Valley, the southern Capital District, and Berkshire County, Massachusetts. The station is owned by Clear Channel Communications and broadcasts from a tower located near the Hudson River in Hudson. History WZCR signed on in 1969 as WHUC-FM, sister to WHUC and the first FM station between Kingston and Albany.
WHUC (4.63 km) WHUC (1230 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an Adult Standards/MOR format. Located near Hudson, New York, USA, the station serves the upper Hudson Valley. The station is owned by Clear Channel Communications (as CC Licenses LLC) and features programming from the America's Best Music network from Dial Global, as well as NBC News Radio. As of January 2013, the station ended its Adult Standards programming and began simulcasting Country station WRWD which originates in Poughkeepsie, NY. The 1230 signal, as of August 2013, began being carried on translator W296AT at 106.9 FM.
Other mentions of Claverack-Red Mills, New York
Do you want to read more? There may be more information available. You can search the whole library for more content about Claverack-Red Mills, New York