Château Rouge (Paris Métro)

The maps and aerial photographs further below illustrate facts about Château Rouge (Paris Métro). Château Rouge is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Line 4 in the 18th arrondissement of Paris.

The station was opened on 21 April 1908 as part of the first section of the line from Châtelet to Porte de Clignancourt. The station is named for the Place du Château Rouge, named for a handsome residence of red bricks built nearby in 1760 and demolished in 1875. The nearby Goutte d'Or district is a very vibrant and multicultural area and the Rue Dejean street market operates every day except Monday.

Station layout


Maps and aerial photographs

The maps below can be selected for further inspection.

More information about Château Rouge (Paris Métro)

Weather (France)

Current conditions of the weather are reported as with temperature about degrees centigrade and wind speed of km/h. Wikipedia has more information about Château Rouge (Paris Métro).

Close places of interest

Boulevard Barbès (0.09 km)

The Boulevard Barbès is a boulevard in the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It is named after French politician Armand Barbès. It has been built in 1867 during Haussmann's renovation of Paris. It starts at the boulevard de la Chapelle and ends at the rue Ordener. It is 835 metres and 35 metres wide.

Goutte d'Or (0.29 km)

This article is about the "Little Africa" in Paris, France. For other uses, please see Little Africa. The Goutte d'Or (Drop of Gold) is a neighbourhood in Paris, located in the 18th arrondissement. The neighborhood has large numbers of North African and sub-Saharian residents. It is known for its open-air market, le marché Dejean. Location In common terms, the name 'Goutte d'Or' refers to a loosely defined area around the rue de la Goutte d'Or, to the east of Montmartre and to the west of La Chapelle in the 18th arrondissement of Paris.

Barbès – Rochechouart (Paris Métro) (0.35 km)

Barbès – Rochechouart is a station on Paris Métro Line 2 and Line 4 at the point where the 9th, 10th, and 18th arrondissements all share a single point. The station is at the junction of Boulevard Barbes, named for the revolutionary, Armand Barbès, Boulevard de Rochechouart, named for the abbess, Marguerite de Rochechouart, Boulevard de la Chapelle and Boulevard de Magenta. The station is the former location of the Barrière Poissonnière, a gate in the Wall of the Farmers-General built for the collection of excise taxes (the octroi).

Marcadet – Poissonniers (Paris Métro) (0.4 km)

Marcadet — Poissonniers is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Line 4 and Line 12. Previously, there were two stations. Marcadet on Line 4 (operated by the CMP) opened on 21 April 1908 as part of the first section of the line from Châtelet to Porte de Clignancourt. Poisonniers on Line 12 (then operated by the Nord-Sud Company as line A) opened on 23 August 1916 as part of the extension from Jules Joffrin to Porte de la Chapelle. When the CMP took over the Nord-Sud in 1930, both stations were joined with an underground corridor.

Saint-Bernard de la Chapelle Church (0.41 km)

The Church of Saint-Bernard de la Chapelle or simply Saint-Bernard-de-la-Chapelle, is a neo-gothic Roman Catholic church in the Goutte d'Or neighborhood of the 18th arrondissement of Paris, located at the intersection of the Rue Saint-Bruno and the Rue Affre. Until 1860, the Goutte d'Or formed part of the commune of La Chapelle, and was thus served by the historic village Church of Saint-Denys de la Chapelle, where Joan of Arc paused when entering Paris in 1429.

Other mentions of Château Rouge (Paris Métro)

Do you want to read more? There may be more information available. You can search the entire library for more material about Château Rouge (Paris Métro).


Text based information has been extracted from thousands of Wikipedia articles. Weather data is provided by OpenWeatherMap. Location distances have been calculated based on Wikipedia information. Thanks to Google Maps, BING and OSM (Open Street Map) for map related material.

More options