Cambronne (Paris Métro)
The images and aerial photographs below show material related to Cambronne (Paris Métro). Cambronne is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 at the Place Cambronne in the 15th arrondissement.
The station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. The Place Cambronne commemorates Vicomte Pierre Cambronne (1770–1842) who was a general at the Battle of Waterloo. The station was the location of the Barrière de l’École-Militaire, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished before 1859.
Nearby is the headquarters of UNESCO.