The clickable maps and pictures within this page illustrate material about Cadet (Paris Métro). Cadet is a station on Line 7 of the Paris Métro. It is named after Rue Cadet, itself named after M. Cadet de Chambine, owner of much land through which the street passes. The street was called Rue de la Voirie before being renamed. Numbers 9 and 11 are the old Hôtel Cromot du Bourg (containing reception rooms). At number 16 is the Freemason's Lodge, 'Grand Orient.' This station features a classic Guimard metro entrance.
The single street maps and images below can be clicked for further inspection.
More information about Cadet (Paris Métro)
Today's conditions can be expected as with a temperature of °C
and wind speed over ground of km/h. That's not all: Wikipedia offers even more information about Cadet (Paris Métro)
Close places of interest
Square Montholon (0.14 km) The Square Montholon is a square in the IXe arrondissement of Paris, France. Construction of the 4571 m2 square began in 1862, costing 160,000 francs, at the time of building of Rue Lafayette and opened in 1863. The square comprises two terrasses and is encircled by Louis-Philippe style fence. The central grass garden is home to two hundred-year-old 30 m tall oriental plane trees as well a group of statues made in Lorieux marble.
Poissonnière (Paris Métro) (0.28 km) Poissonnière is a station on Line 7 of the Paris Métro. The station was opened on 5 November 1910. It is near the junction between the streets of Rue La Fayette and the Rue du Faubourg Poissonnière, after which it is named and along which fishmongers (French: "poissonnières") brought fish from Boulogne and other harbours on the Channel coast to the market at Les Halles in chasse-marées. The route from the coast generally followed that of a Roman Road and entered nineteenth century Paris at the Porte des Poissonniers.
Chez Chartier (0.33 km) Chez Chartier is a Bouillon (restaurant) in Paris founded in 1896, located at 7 Rue du Faubourg-Montmartre in the 9th district and classified as Monument historique in 1989. (Metro access Grands Boulevards) History The restaurant was created in 1896 by two brothers, Frédéric and Camille Chartier, in a former train station concourse under the name "Le Bouillon" (lit. broth, or stock, but in this context, a sort of brasserie; originally a cheap workers' eatery that served stew), near the Grands Boulevards, the Hôtel Drouot, the Musée Grévin, and the Palais de la Bourse.
Le Peletier (Paris Métro) (0.42 km)Le Peletier is a station of the Paris Métro. It is named after Rue le Peletier, which was named after Louis Peletier, who was the last prévôt des marchands (provost of merchants) between 1784 to 1789. This feudal position was abolished in the French Revolution. The Opéra National de Paris was located in the Salle Peletier, in Rue le Peletier, between 1821 and 1873, when it was destroyed by fire. It was the first theatre to use gas lighting to illuminate the stage. It is located a short walk from Notre-Dame-de-Lorette station on line 12, but no free transfer is permitted.
Maison de l'Art Nouveau (0.44 km) The Maison de l'Art Nouveau ("House of New Art"), abbreviated often as L'Art Nouveau, and known also as Maison Bing for the owner, was a gallery opened on 26 December 1895, by Siegfried Bing at 22 rue de Provence, Paris. Unlike his earlier stores at the same location and nearby at 19 rue Chauchat that specialised in Japonisme and imports from Asia, the gallery specialised in modern art. The original exhibition featured windows designed by Nabi artists, including Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, and made by Louis Comfort Tiffany.
Other mentions of Cadet (Paris Métro)
Do you find this interesting? There may be more content available. You can search the whole index for more material about Cadet (Paris Métro)