Avron (Paris Métro)
The selectable maps and aerial photographs further below illustrate material related to Avron (Paris Métro). Avron is a station on Paris Métro Line 2, on the border of the 11th and 20th arrondissements.
The station was opened on 2 April 1903 when the line was extended from Bagnolet (now called Alexandre Dumas) to Nation. It is named after the Rue d'Avron, which is named after a small nearby plateau that served an important role in the defence of Paris in the Franco-Prussian War. It was the location of the Barrière de Montreuil, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished during in the nineteenth century.