Alexandre Dumas (Paris Métro)
The clickable maps and pictures on this page show information related to Alexandre Dumas (Paris Métro). Alexandre Dumas is a station on Paris Métro Line 2, on the border of the 11th and 20th arrondissements.
The station was opened on 31 January 1903 as part of the extension of line 2 (known at the time as "2 Nord") from Anvers. It was the eastern terminus of the line until 2 April 1903 when it was extended to Nation. The station was originally called Bagnolet after the Rue de Bagnolet, the road to Bagnolet. On 13 September 1970, it was renamed after the French author Alexandre Dumas and the Rue Alexandre Dumas. It was the location of the Barrière de Fontarabie, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished during the nineteenth century.