The images and aerial photographs on this page present information related to 9th arrondissement of Paris. The 9th arrondissement (IXe arrondissement), located on the Right Bank, is one of the 20 arrondissements of Paris, France. It contains many places of cultural, historical, and architectural interest, including the Palais Garnier, home to the Paris Opera, Boulevard Haussmann and its large department stores of Galeries Lafayette and Printemps. Along with the 2nd and 8th arrondissements, it hosts one of the business centers of Paris, located around the Opéra.
The land area of this arrondissement is 2.179 km2 (0.841 sq. miles, or 538 acres).
Main streets and squares
Places of interest
Wikimedia France has its offices in the arrondissement.
Maps and images
The street maps and images on this page can be selected for further inspection.
More information about 9th arrondissement of Paris
Current weather conditions are described as with local temperature about degrees centigrade
and a wind speed of km/h.
Groupe Danone has its head office in the 17 Boulevard Haussmann building in the 9th arrondissement. Danone moved there in 2002.
BNP Paribas has its head office in the arrondissement. Kroll Inc. has an office in this arrondissement.
Until June 1995 the head office of Société Générale was in this arrondissement. On that month the head office moved to the Société Générale Towers. The former head office remains as the company's registered office.
The peak population of the 9th arrondissement occurred in 1901, when it had 124,011 inhabitants. Since then, the arrondissement has widely attracted business activity. As a result, the population was in 1999 only 55,838 inhabitants, while it held 111,939 jobs.
Wikipedia contains more information about 9th arrondissement of Paris
Close places of interest
Saint-Georges (Paris Métro) (0.04 km) Saint-Georges is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 9th arrondissement. The station opened on 8 April 1911 as part of the extension of the Nord-Sud company's line A from Notre-Dame-de-Lorette to Pigalle. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The station is named after the Rue Saint-Georges, which became a street in 1734 and leads to the Place Saint-Georges, created in 1824. It was the centre of an estate created by the speculator Dosne, father-in-law of the politician Adolphe Thiers.
Fondation Dosne-Thiers (0.05 km)The Fondation Dosne-Thiers is a history library located in the IXe arrondissement at 27, place St-Georges, Paris, France. It is open to researchers who obtain recommendations from a member of the Institut de France. The foundation is housed within the Hôtel Dosne-Thiers, a former home of historian Louis-Adolphe Thiers (1797–1877) built in 1873 by architect Alfred-Philibert Aldrophe (1834–1895) to replace Thiers' earlier mansion on the site, which was destroyed in the Paris Commune. It was bequeathed to the Institut de France in 1905.
Musée national Gustave Moreau (0.19 km) The Musée national Gustave Moreau is an art museum dedicated to the works of Symbolist painter Gustave Moreau (1826-1898). It is located in the IXe arrondissement at 14, rue de la Rochefoucauld, Paris, France. The museum was originally Moreau's dwelling, transformed by his 1895 decision into a studio and museum of his work with his apartment remaining on the first floor. Today the museum contains Moreau's drawings, paintings, watercolors, and sculptures.
Notre-Dame-de-Lorette (Paris Métro) (0.25 km) Notre-Dame-de-Lorette is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 9th arrondissement. The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. It was the northern terminus of the line until its extension to Pigalle on 8 April 1911. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The station is named after the nearby church Notre-Dame-de-Lorette.
Notre-Dame-de-Lorette, Paris (0.25 km) The Church Notre-Dame-de-Lorette is a neoclassical church in the 9th arrondissement of Paris. History Construction of the church began in 1823 under the reign of Louis XVIII and was completed in 1836 under the reign of Louis-Philippe. An earlier chapel of the same name was situated at 54 rue Lamartine but was destroyed during the French Revolution. In 1821, plans were made to rebuild Norte-Dame-de-Lorette, with Louis-Hippolyte Lebas the sole architect. Originally, the church was planned to face northward towards Montmartre, but eventually faced southward towards rue Laffitte.
Other mentions of 9th arrondissement of Paris
Do you want to read more? There may be more material available. You can search the entire index for more content about 9th arrondissement of Paris